Saturday, May 29, 2010

Since we last spoke...

This time I think I have a pretty good excuse for falling off the face of the earth. On Monday night, 12 friends and I were mugged just outside the PC house in Bamenda. I don't want to get into too many details here, but if you're interested in what happened, drop me a line. I'm fine, as is everyone else, but I lost A LOT of stuff. Laptop, camera, cellphone (again), flash drive, TNF rain jacket, backpack, lots of other clothes, and I was unfortunate to be bringing my stereo back from another volunteer's house so I lost that too. It's all stuff that can be replaced, but it really hurts that I lost all my work since it was only backed up on the flash drive, not to mention all my music. Luckily I still have my Zune so I can listen to most of what I had.

This has been the definition of bad timing too. I have so much work coming up in the next few weeks. It's already been a frustrating few days trying to get back to normal, but I've had some spells of good luck, like getting an old phone for free from a leaving volunteer. There were so many things I would have rather been writing about right now. Hopefully I can get all of this taken care of and get back to focusing on work.

No comments:

Post a Comment