Saturday, April 10, 2010

So tomorrow's the first day of IST (In-Service Training) and I'm spending the night in Bamenda so I can get an early start on travel in the morning. Looking forward to seeing my group again, but of course as soon as I pulled up in Bamenda I started to feel sick. Feels like a fever and headache coming on, so should make for a fun week.

Dinner turned out great and the rest of the evening surpassed anyone's expectations. I made cajun/southern food, blackened chicken, dirty rice, fried okra, green beans, watermelon, not to bad for my first go round. And definitely one of the most fun nights I've had yet. I think when you plan something to be low-key, it's most likely to turn into, well this...

I found a great place I can go and just get away from things. Up the mountains from Bambui there are some really interesting rock formations and I took the other day to go check them out. But I made the mistake of riding my bike and only got about halfway before I was completely drained and had to walk the rest of the way. The whole ride is straight uphill, so much so, on the way back I didn't have to peddle once. But the place is gorgeous and the views fantastic.

Easter came and went without much fuss, mostly because I hid in my house the whole day. I just assumed given how drawn-out and pointless normal church services are here, Easter Sunday has got to be like the finale of American Idol.

Anyway, here's hoping I'm not sick all week. Take care all

No comments:

Post a Comment